Dr. Mindy Werner-Crohn
San Fernando Valley Psychiatrist
(818) 921-4300 Ext. 2
Dr. Mindy Werner-Crohn is a psychiatrist who works with children, adolescents and adults in private practice as a primary therapist and/or psycho-pharmacologist. She is the Medical Director of Calabasas Behavioral Health, a comprehensive care facility for individuals, couples, and families. For a full description of the psychiatric services offered by CBH, please see the main site.
Dr. Werner-Crohn combines her knowledge and experience with empathy. She works with her patients to educate them about their treatment options, so that together they can set up a successful plan that takes into account each individual’s unique set of needs and preferences.
Her goals are to help each person maximize his or her potential for personal satisfaction, emotional and mental well-being, successful relationships and a meaningful life.
Dr. Werner-Crohn specializes in diagnosing and treating the following:
- Mood disorders including depression and bipolar disorder (also known as manic-depressive disorder)
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety disorders including Panic Disorder (with and without agoraphobia), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders including Asperger’s, Autism, and other problems diagnosed in childhood
- Tic Disorders including Tourette’s
- Impulse Control Disorders including compulsive skin picking and Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling)
- Sleep disorders including hypersomnia and insomnia
- Adjustment Disorders which often include problematic or long-term emotional and behavioral reactions to major life stressors
- Parent-Child Relational problems and problems in the family dynamics
Dr. Werner-Crohn emphasizes creating a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan which often includes:
- Psycho-pharmacology for men, women, teens and children
- Educating patients regarding treatment options
- Consulting on parenting issues, especially when raising challenging children
- Helping young adults making crucial life decisions
- Discussing women’s issues such as: the effects of hormones, pregnancy, post-partum, premenstrual and perimenopausal symptoms on women’s mental health